Sunday, 15 May 2011
How to take a backup of your mails and place it in your system ?
Hello guys. Many people in this world use mailing system these days. And most of them use it seriously and so if they lost a single mail or if they delete any mail by mistake they may get a great loss. So here is a way to take a backup of your mails from a mailing system to your PC which will be secure.
The tool (Mail Store) will pull your email messages from all these places into a central location. If you have a large mailbox, you may specify criteria to skip emails that are older than ‘n’ days. It skips the Spam and Junk folders by default but you may also manually specify any folders /labels that you wish to include (or exclude) from the backup.
And there is a more convenient search box which will let you search any mail in your inbox. And you can copy the mail store folder to your USB pendrive. . See below for the download link and also the step to step guide to use it.
1. Download Mail Store from the following link.
2. After downloading install it and open the app.
3. Click on Accept button.
4. In the next window click on "create a new mail archive option" and select the path where you want your mails to display. And then click ok.
5. Now Mail store will open.
6. Click on Archive E-mail option from the home page.
7. In the list that is available in the top right click on "Google Mail".
8. There enter your Mail ID and your password. And then click on next.
9. In the following window enter any name for your setting and then click on Finish.
10. It will now initialize and will pull all the mails from your inbox and your labels. Wait for it to complete. The time taken for it depends on the number of mails you have in your inbox and other labels.
11. And now you will see a message of your successful import of your mails. Click on close.
12. Now go to the starting page by clicking the start icon in the top right.
13. In the start up page click on Export Email.
14. There click on Directory Option. And there click on EML file. And click on the mail id that you imported earlier. And then click on next button.
15. In the following window choose your output folder and then click Next and in the following window click Finish.
16. Now your mails will get exported and now you have all your mails in EML format in your destination folder.
17. Download EML file viewer using the following link to view your mails.
18. And that it if you visit the destination that you entered in step 4 you will see a backup of your mails.
I hope I helped you. Enjoy :P