Facebook has recently changed its theme. Most of the people think that its awkward. In the past few weeks facebook is making some constant changes as its competitor Google plus is evolving like anything. So facebook has changed its theme and introduced video chat and even changed the appearance of the chat system. And even apps were created that supported hangouts for upto 20 friends [Take a look at my previous post]. But some of these changes are not good. So some of them might try to roll it back to the old one. Here is a tweak to change your facebook profile theme to the older one.
Note that in this tutorial you will be deactivating your account and reactivating it. If you are an admin of any page make some one else as the admin and again ask them to make you as the admin when you reactivate the account because you will your admin power if you deactivate and reactivate your account.
1. Fire up your browser and login to your facebook account.
2. Click on the the accounts link on the top right and navigate to your account settings.
3. At the bottom most you will find Deactivate link. Click on that
4. Now facebook will ask the reason why you are deactivating your account.
5. There will be a list of options that they give by default. Click on the option that says "This is temporary and I'll be back".
6. DONT fill any other options.
7. Now facebook will give you a captcha to resolve and will ask for your password. Enter both and you will now be logged out of your facebook account with a message saying that "We hope you will be back soon".
8. Wait for 10 - 20 minutes and login to your account with the same username and password that you used. Now your account will be re-activated and you will find that your profile will have the old good theme and there will be no more irritating floating top bars.
Hope I helped in getting back your old facebook theme. Post your issues and views as comments...